Why You Should Choose a Website Over Facebook
Did you understand that over 40% of small companies don’t have a web site?*
There are many causes firms select to not create a web site. For instance, many small trade homeowners can’t have the funds for to pay somebody to construct their web site, and their loss of time and technical experience make it much less most likely they’ll construct one themselves.
Instead, some companies decide to construct a Facebook web page or make the most of different social media as their primary on-line presence as a substitute of making a web site.
But having simply a Facebook web page can imply misplaced trade and added complications. And it’s now more straightforward and less expensive than ever to create a web site.
Facebook Isn’t the Best Solution
While Facebook pages are a very easy approach for lots of small trade homeowners to construct a web based presence, there are lots of the reason why this isn’t the most efficient resolution for many companies.
- The URL you’ll wish to give folks to get right of entry to your web page could be very lengthy, within the structure of Facebook.com/alotoftext.
- You don’t get e mail with a Facebook web page, so that you received’t have a skilled e mail cope with to position on your corporation card. People who depend on Facebook generally tend to provide out Gmail, Yahoo, and even Hotmail e mail addresses to consumers and shoppers.
- Without a web site, you give the affect that you simply don’t take your corporation critically.
- Facebook simplest presentations your posts to a few of your consumers and enthusiasts. You must pay promoting charges to succeed in extra of them. So whilst pages are loose to arrange, development an target audience prices fairly a bit of cash on an ongoing foundation.
- You don’t in fact “own” your internet presence; you’re on the mercy of Facebook and the choices it makes to spice up its final analysis.
- You can’t succeed in consumers who don’t use Facebook.
The final analysis: if you wish to have your corporation to develop and achieve success, a devoted web site is the most efficient resolution. And if you construct your web site, you’ll be able to hyperlink it on your Facebook web page to construct your target audience two times as rapid.
Building a Website is Easier Than Ever
Fortunately, the method of creating a web site takes much less time, prices much less, and is more straightforward than ever, so there’s no excuse to not have your personal web site.
Namecheap provides a choice of apps that make it simple to construct a web site and get a skilled e mail cope with. In specific, take a look at ProWP, Namecheap’s new controlled WordPress website hosting possibility that makes putting in place a new WordPress web site fast and easy.
Namecheap’s website hosting products and services also are reasonably priced, with website hosting plans beginning at lower than $10 a yr. ProWP begins out at simply $8.88 for the primary yr.
An Intermediate Step
While you’re development your web site, listed here are two tricks to get essentially the most out of Facebook with out being locked into the Facebook platform.
- Register a area title for your corporation and ahead it on your Facebook web page. It’s a lot shorter, more straightforward to bear in mind and can glance just right on your corporation card. When making a decision to construct your personal web site you have already got a area title your consumers find out about.
- Set up skilled e mail to your area title. At Namecheap, you’ll be able to arrange e mail website hosting for as low as $9.88 in step with yr.
So what are you looking ahead to? With our products and services, you’ll be able to get a new web site up and operating earlier than you realize it. And if you want assist with WordPress, take a look at our earlier articles to help you get began.
* Businesses with income underneath $1 million/yr Clutch Small Business Websites in 2017 survey.
Andrew Allemann is editor of Domain Name Wire, the longest-running weblog masking the trade of domains. Domain Name Wire has coated the trade of area title making an investment for over ten years.